This seminar series features Nick’s new book Focusing Change to Win which he co-authored with Kelly Nwosu.
These sessions provides business leaders with insights into critical areas to help focus their businesses and align their people for competitive advantage. Each seminar helps you answer a fundamental question:
Seminar 1: Why this Book Important is Change Success?
Seminar 3: Why People Resist Change?
Seminar 4: Why Bother Measuring Change?
Seminar 8: How Can You Lead to Thrive?
We take a deep-dive into a change issue that you face. You will come away with an understanding of where your expectations with key employees are aligned and not aligned, and how critical that alignment is for successful change. You will learn how to clarify and specify your own expectations as to well how you can check if they are understood. Each session helps executives assess their performance in terms of:
- How well have you communicated your expectations to your people?
- How well do you understand what your people expect of you?
- What are the likely gaps between expectations and assumptions?
- What are our options for planning and implementing success change competitively?
What do you get?
- A copy of our new book Focusing Change to Win
- A tool, the Four Blocker Alignment Analysis, to identify misalignment
- A method to help set the right expectations and get people on the same page
- An understanding of how to align agreed expectations effectively
- An example of an aligned expectation relevant to your situation
- An improved chance for successful change in your organization
What preparation is needed?
For each participant organization we have preparation guides that ask people to consider issues related to the question being posed for each seminar.
Who should you bring?
Please select up to five key people to join you who are important to successful change in your organization, such as:
- Which colleagues will help you answer the seminar question posed?
- Whose opinion do you value to help look at the question posed from different perspectives?
- Whose commitment will you need to make improvements in tackling change competitively?
What will be covered?
Each session focuses on real-life scenarios within the framework of the research findings and assessment tools developed. As we say:
“There is no role-play only real-play”
Seminars are customized for clients and depending on their needs. They normally run from half-day to full-day. They can be run fact-to-face or web-based, although experience suggest face-to-face gets the best results
Maximum attendance is 20 participants! Costs start at $150 per person per half day excluding agreed preparation time, travel and accommodation.
Why are these seminars important?
Failed change means lost opportunity, competitive vulnerability, poor revenues, lost employees, increased cynicism and fear. Its residue is a hostile and toxic culture, where change resistance becomes the norm. The cost of a failed change can be staggering, from lowering morale to losing key customers due to poor quality.
Focusing to Win and the survey on which it is based confirms other studies.
Too many organizations are still trying to do things differently not do different things
Survey Contributors realize that working relationships are increasingly stressed in the drive for ever-faster responses to competitive threats and opportunities.
So, what are the meaningful differences between those that thrive on change and those that just survive?
Many contributors seem resigned to resistance being unavoidable yet recognize that trust in management is the only variable that significantly reduces change resistance. They seem to have little focus on improving organizational alignment to achieve change success.
For others, whatever the blend of top down and bottom up led change, it is clear – be intentional. This is invaluable to avoid being misinterpreted and mistrusted. These contributors are clear and details how to lay the groundwork for successful change.
Each seminar takes an aspect of the problem based on over 6,000 comments to give participants an assessment framework for their organizations. These cover analyzing change impacts, setting-up the change Program with Metrics and on-going communication.