Nick Anderson Resume
Leader in Managing Change for Competitive Success
Reducing costs and improving revenue growth in a “must win economy”
Areas of focus:
1. Assessing Human Performance and Aignment
2. Tracking Change Progress
3. Focusing Managers
4. Increasing Organizational & Personal Performance
5. Improving Win-Loss Ratios
After leading behavioral research and sales productivity projects over 25 years he has a deep
understanding of what takes to prove what actually works. He is passionate about impacting
bottom-line results through changing behavior. So what you may say – let his track record speak for itself, such as:
Results Achieved examples
- Telecoms – $USD 51m (in just 19 weeks)
- Pharma (Canada) – $CDN 120m (in 9 months)
- Data Analytics (Canada) – $CDN 10m (in 12 mths.)
- Food Process Engineering– saved $USD 2.7m (6mths)
- Large Life Insurance (UK) –£ 82m (in 12 mths)
- Steel Fabrication– $USD 10m (from $USD 20m base) (in 2 years)
- Experienced Project Manager
- Inspirational Leader
- Accomplished Trainer, Facilitator & Public Speaker
- Negotiation & Partnering Consultant
- Strategy development facilitator
- Learner & Curricula Designer
- Business Coach
- Performance Improvement Consultant
- Organization Alignment Expert
- Broadcaster & Writer
Principal at The Crispian Advantage
Sales consulting, training and consulting to focus limited resources in a must win economy
Senior Partner at PDS Group LTD (12 years 5 months)
Through my career I focused on isolating links between behavior change and improved performance. After leading behavioral research and sales productivity projects, the last 15 years has deepened my understanding of what it takes to align people for change. I am passionate about impacting bottom-line results through changing behavior and increasing their competitive advantage.
Significant Client Assignments
- Turner Construction – CAL-TRANS Project
- Royal Bank of Canada
- IMS Health Canada
- Qwest Telecommunications – Government & Education Division
- Global Access Point
Developed Competency Assessment Models for sales reps, managers & marketeers for GlaxoSmithKline based on which we developed an intranet tool for managers & reps to measure competency development. Corporately sales competency analysis are still used to drive sales productivity
Sales Effectiveness Projects inc.
- Differentiating NT’s approach to passive trading from leading competitors
- Diagnosed alignment problems between sales, sales engineering and customer service.
- Ran account planning sessions which led to $51m additional sales in 19 weeks
Glaxo Welcome (Canada)
- Designed & implemented a sales coaching strategy (550 Reps) which led to $130 CDN (15%) increase in sales within 6 months
- Training & Development Director (Acting) during the GSK merger in Canada and recognized as playing a significant role
- Developed a change vision that reduced dependency on the owner’s management.
- Created key alignment components to achieve more market responsiveness
- AlEx™ (Our proprietary process to Align Expectations and software)
Global Access Point
- Developed a sales strategy and process based on best practices that built a sustainable sales pipeline to sell 80% of existing data center space.
- Develop sales performance management, coaching, channel partners.
11 recommendations available upon request
VP Sales at First Telecommunications August 2004 – May 2007
- Managed 8 sales people
- Developed of a communications solutions strategy & plan to transform FTC
- Helped set up multi-carrier services relationships
- Led FTC to be an exclusive business partner with Inter-Tel
- Consulted on the shift from a branch to a functional structure
- Implemented a series of improvements in the recruitment, training & coaching of sales people
- FTC went from 23rd to 13th in the Inter-Tel Dealer rankings (n250)
2 recommendations available upon request
Head of Development at Holden December 1996 – September 1998
Re-engineered Holden’s core products from design to international roll out. Results achieved included:
- - Holden’s main distributor found that the level of learning and quality of sales planning of learners improved markedly.
- - Clients like Royal Bank of Canada, Sun Microsystems and Hill-Rom found the new designs improved learning and the quality of real casework, as well as being better received.
- Developed Learning Object Oriented Design – an original adult learning approach. Based on the principles of object oriented design in software, it allows for more focused and efficient learning with rapid client customizing and reveals the links between behavior change and bottom line results.
- Designed and delivered a new approach to facilitator training which increases the probability of enabling more participants to be willing and able to change their behavior. (60+ people trained worldwide). This contributed toward increasing learner participation from 40%-60% to 60%-80%, which is attributed to the results achieved above.
- Developed and delivered diagnostics, customizing, and evaluation tools to support the above re-engineering
- Designed and implemented a new sales management suite of training covering establishing the requiring environment, building sales teams, coaching for impact plus four other modules.
- Sales and implementation of projects in EDS, Ernst & Young, Canadian National (CN Rail), Hill-Rom, Royal Bank of Canada, ITT Cannon
- Developed a design group, whose work covers relationship management, value creation, executive calling, account planning, sales management etc.
1 recommendation available upon request
Head of Effectiveness Consulting at Huthwaite Research Group May 1985 – November 1996
What value has Nick Anderson added?
Over 12 years of selling and leading training and consultancy projects, in both Europe, Middle East and Africa, as well as USA
“Nick has made a huge contribution…(He) sold and managed several major research projects, including a huge piece of research for Abbey National. Indeed, he has been the most successful person in Huthwaite in terms of research over the past 10 years..and…has been a major fee earner regularly earning in excess of 200,000 GBP per annum and has kept up a work rate that many would have been impossible for most people.” (Richard Graham, Executive Director Huthwaite Research Group).
1 recommendation available upon request
Consultant at Huthwaite Research Group 1985 – 1996
- Implemented sales and negotiation training projects
- Conducted behavioral research which led to skills development projects that improved performance, by showing links between behavior change and hard performance criteria
- Helped a large firm of actuaries develop their strategy for their core business
- Implemented two large projects of cascaded change
- Developing approaches to improving consulting effectiveness for a major consultancy
- Coached executives in negotiation and partnering skills
- Abbey National sales research and rollout led them to securing “Mortgage Lender of the Year” (6400 branch staff)
- Prudential Portfolio Management’s outsourcing of global securities to Mellon and Midland Banks.
- Prudential Assurance included evaluating sales training effectiveness via 3000 calls life sales by new sales reps. The study showed that $30m training budget was wasted and that changes to training processes could yield, 70% increase in revenues per sale.
- APV (Now SPX global engineering company) covered establishing global sales strategies. Results included saving 15000 engineering hours in one year, resolved channel conflicts
- DEC – EMEA implementation of sales training and productivity projects
- The London Stock Exchange – developed influencing strategies that increased 50% in sales of investment software
- Watson Wyatt Worldwide – business planning and role clarification
- Friends Provident – sales productivity project increased sales by 50%
- American Express (EMEA) – European wide sales project – increase in sales, retention and better qualification varied by business stream (5% – 15%)
- Infolink – Two heads of sales reporting back to their board that the total project costs were recovered inside 6-8 weeks from start.
The above involved working at the executive level developing new sales and marketing strategies. Such work often challenged long cherished views of organizational direction, management culture and market positioning.
Marketing Services Manager at The Boots Company May 1984 – June 1985
Managed 70 people to design, produce and distibute 5000 sku’s to 2,100 retail stores. This ranged from self edge price tickets to store displays.
Senior Project Manager, Retail Research at The Boots Company September 1981 – July 1984
Running projects in the design, management and cost effectiveness of 1200 Pharmacies and Departmental Stores. Many of these projects led to significant efficiencies in retail operations, such as cash handling project ($1.8m p.a.savings)
Graduate Development Manager at The Boots Company May 1979 – June 1981
Managed the first two years of 200+ graduates career with the Company. This included liasing with Universities, designing curricula for Merchandising Buyers, IT Consultants and Developing Retail Research Consultants. In addition I designed and ran the Graduate Conference. This new design was based on Action Learning principles and led to me being appointed to the Progress Club for those identified for fast track careers in the Company.
- Project Management (Expert, 20+ years experience)
- Organizational Development (Expert, 10 years experience)
- Behavioral Change (Expert, 15 years experience)
- Training & Development (Expert, 20+ years experience)
- Leadership Development (Expert, 20+ years experience)
- Radio Broadcasting (Advanced, 6 years experience)
- Writing Skills (Expert, 20+ years experience)
- Organizational Learning (Expert, 20+ years experience)
The Nottingham Trent University
Masters, Human Resource Development (Distinction), 1993 – 1996
The Nottingham Trent University
MIPM, Human Resources, 1977 – 1983
- Choral Singing
- Mountain Biking
— Kateri Johnson, was Nick’s client
“In working with Nick, I have found him to be very insightful, practical and experienced. In many ways his experience is so fresh and deep that I did not have to finish complete explanations of our issues, before he understood completely. I strongly recommend Mr. Anderson as bringing real value to organizations and their people.”
— Paul Lemley, was Nick’s client
“Nick is very knowledgeable in the field of sales and behavioral methodologies. He is also a great teacher. I appreciated the time we spent together working on training and consulting contents.”
— Hervé DEBAECKER, Chief Methodologist and COO, PERFLUENCE, was with another company when working with Nick at PDS Group
“Nick, It is my pleasure to recommend you to any company that is seeking to increase the productivity and effectiveness of their people. You have the ability to bring insight and innovation to the world of high level performance. I am still using many of the coaching techniques that you introduced me to in my global training initiatives. Feel free to use me as reference on the power of your workshops.”
— Dan McBride, Senior Consultant, Holden International, worked directly with Nick at PDS Group
“Nick is a gifted management consultant with with exceptionally strong capabilities in the areas of business development, value chain management, and performance improvement. Those businesses looking to enhance strategic their agility and create clear alignment around people, processes, and productivity would be very well served by Nick and his PDS Group team.”
— Joe Braidish, Managing Principal, Newbridge Services Group, LLC, was with another company
when working with Nick at PDS Group
“Nick has the ability to engage teams of people in the most insightful conversations that surface the root cause of problems in organizations. As he works with organizations he creates learning models that teams can grasp an integrate into meaningful performance.”
— Jacquelyn Wieland, Consultant, PDS GROUP, worked indirectly for Nick at PDS Group
— Michael Cilento, was Nick’s client
“Nick is a creative and supportive organizational, “thought-leader”. He not only uncovers
data-based connections that bring immediate bottom-line results to organizations, but also supports
colleagues in applying their only creativity to organizational problems.”
— Linda Shelor, Senior Associate, PDS Group LTD, worked indirectly for Nick at PDS Group
“The independent members of our business exchange center for the private capital marketplace were extremely impressed with Nick’s professionalism and innovative approach to business planning.”
— Michael Nall, was Nick’s client
“Nick is an excellent speaker and facilitator in the alignment of people and organizations to achieve results.”
— Shelly Hauge, Principal, ROCG Americas, was with another company when working with Nick
at PDS Group
“I have worked with Nick on many different issues and he is an excellent process implementer and creative problem solver. He is smart and has good sense to quickly decipher complex problems and create deliverables that solve issues. He works hard, is dependable, and understands people. I would recommend his work as a consultant.”
— Douglas Rothschild, was Nick’s client
“Nick Anderson is a professional. Nick knows exactly how to ask the right questions to get to the responses and answers that he wants. I consider working with Nick an honor and anyone who has worked with him has learned something from his amazing work habits to his solution selling mentally. Well prepared in any situation that he approaches and I would recommend him to any client.”
— Eric Hamilton, Account Executive, First Telecommunications, reported to Nick at ROCG
“What can be said about Nick Anderson…. I had the pleasure of working for Nick and did not realize the impact until AFTER I returned to my previous job. Nick is expert at analysis, program development, and major account selling strategy. The strategies we developed together have propelled me on to more successes than I ever imagined. Nick comes highly recommended as a business consultant and has a knack for recognizing and developing strategies to cope with change. If you are concerned about change or need a consultant, hire Nick right away ! You will not be disappointed.
— James Dimmer, Major Account Manager, First Telecommunications, reported to Nick
Nick is a person that often is my frame of reference as I consider my experience. Nick got me started. I admire his intelligence and focus. When I become a college President in about five years, I would hire Nick in a heartbeat.”
— Kenneth Trzaska, Dean, SLCC, was a consultant or contractor to Nick at Holden
“Nick is exceptionally hard working and dedicated to bringing success and improvements to people he works with: colleagues and clients. While I worked with him he was constantly looking for new, practical ideas to challenge and improve accepted ways of doing things.”
— Linda Marsh, Research and Design Manager, Huthwaite International, worked with Nick at Huthwaite Research Group
- Offering Help and Advice to Mortgage Loan Customers (thecrispianadvantage.com)
- Complexity the New Norm 4: Improving Sales Performance – Are you ready for the Challenge? (pdsgroup.wordpress.com)
- Complexity the New Norm 3: Listen to your guts – Are they really on the same page? (pdsgroup.wordpress.com)