Focusing Change to Win
Presenter: Nick Anderson, Principal The Crispian Advantage
This seminar based on Nick’s new book Focusing Change to Win who he co-authored with Kelly Nwosu.
This session provides business leaders with strategies for diagnosing critical areas where they need alignment, and for establishing and
maintaining effective communication and team commitment during organizational change. It will help you answer the question:
- How well have you communicated your expectations to your people?
- How well do you understand what your people expect of you?
- What are the gaps between expectations and assumptions likely to be?
- What are our options for planning and implementing success change competitively?
“Successful change is personal before it is organizational”
Together we will take a deep-dive into a change issue you face. You will come away with an understanding of where your expectations with key employees are aligned and not aligned, and how critical that alignment is for successful change. You will learn how to clarify and specify your own expectations as well how you can check if they are understood.
What do you get?
- A copy of Focusing Change to Win
- A tool, the Four Blocker Alignment Analysis, to identify misalignment
- A method to help set the right expectations and get people on the same page
- An understanding of how to align effectively once an expectation is agreed
- An example of an aligned expectation relevant to your situation
- An improved chance for successful change in your organization
What preparation is needed?
For a client organization we have preparation guides that asks each participant to come to the session with one to three thoughts that keep you up at night as they relate to key people.
Who should you bring?
Who are the people who aren’t aligned with you? Who do you have a hard time communicating with? Who doesn’t seem to understand your expectations? Please select one key person who is important to successful change in your organization, to join you.
What will be covered?
This very practical session is based on creating real-life examples using the Four-Blocker Alignment Analysis tool and approach.
Date, Time and Location
Seminars are run for clients and depending on their needs normally runs from half-day to full-day. They can be run fact-to-face or web based although experience suggest face-to-face gets the best results
Attendance is limited to 20 participants! Costs start at $150 per person per half day excluding agreed preparation time, travel and accomodation.
Nick is a regular speaker on aspects of his mission:
A seeker of pure light on whose journey fulfills other
His experiences of research in areas like sales effectiveness, coaching and facilitation speak to many years of “seeking pure light” In last 20 years, seeking pure light is helping others achieve consensus and commitment to what this means to their working relationships.
Over the last 10 years has led to Nick and his Partners to develop AlEx™ – Aligning Expectations, as he says:
“It’s difficult to expect and reinforce accountability when stakeholders don’t understand or even realize each others’ expectations.
The concept appears simple enough, but the manner in which you deal with the complexities of multiple stakeholders’ expectations can be daunting. In fact, in the construction or infrastructure environment, it can frequently result in lost time, strained relationships/conflicts and massive cost overrides.
AlEx™ helps align people, and navigate toward productive working relationships that improve the chances for successful change and project implementation.
The Crispian Advantage will facilitate meetings with each of the main groups’ leaders to elicit their perspective on key issues and what they want to be better aligned on with each others’ groups and individuals. The general flow to this initial work can look like this:
- Develop a consensus of components with all Leaders & Stakeholders
- Coach key players in generating expectations for each of the component groups
- Provide analysis and feedback to the leadership team, isolating key initiatives
- Align the process over the project
- Develop sufficient trust and transparency as the means to eliminate profit erosion, conflicts and claims
- Use accountability and evidenced based management as the means to accomplish the initiatives
- Facilitate managers to coach others to reach higher performance standards that meet their expectations
AlEx™, PDS Group’s proprietary software, enables accurate project measurement and accountability over time. This innovative program enables interaction among stakeholder groups by storing and analyzing the data of hundreds or thousands of expectations. It then helps map the progress of a project to ensure that all stakeholders are accountable for their agreed expectations.
If you are interested in having Nick speak to your organization he can be reached here. You can also email him at email@example.com