Aligning People for Greater Success
- To increase sales in government and education agencies nationally
- To increase the profitability of deals won
- To improve sales forecasting by better opportunity qualification
- To increase competitiveness by reducing tactical predictability
- To expose competence failures in both sales reps and sales management personnel
- To determine the size of the sales force now needed
- Selected four key competencies, related behaviors & evidences
- Developed self- & manager competency assessment tool
- Analyzed assessment data and identified key areas for competency
- Developed communication plan to managers and reps.
- Feedback results of assessments and the implications for their coaching frequency and focus
- Introduced Practicum process and the role of the manager and VPs
- Held 90+ Practicums in four regions
- Coached VPs and Sales Directors throughout the project
- Measured the impact of the Practicums on sales, resource utilization
- Drove $56m in revenue in a 4 month period.
- Reduced sales costs by eliminating undefined deals, unrealistic goals, and by targeting best opportunities for revenue generation in both non-recurring and reoccurring product areas
- Increased the number of deal management sessions targeted to actual high volume deals
- Exposed competent sales reps and tied their behaviors to competencies in question
- Refocused and energized sales force during difficult times
- Sales quotas continued to be met where Practicums Process is used.
- The above led to a project to measure and resolve the degree of misalignment in one Region, as a pilot of the whole of GES. This is using PDS’s aligning expectations software – AlEx™Client